2019 FECG Retreat
Saturday, July 6 - Sunday, July 7
Azusa Pacific University
901 E. Alosta Avenue, Azusa, CA 91702
How can I change the trajectory of my life? How do I change where I am and get back to where I want to be?
- Thien Doan (Citylights Church)
English & Youth SPEAKER
Dr. Thien Doan was born in Saigon, Vietnam and immigrated to the US at the age of one. He grew up in a half Buddhist and half Catholic family. Difficult childhood experiences led him to find God as a teenager. After experiencing a radical conversion, he entered into ministry. A graduate of Bible College and of Talbot Theological Seminary, Biola University (MDiv), he also earned a Doctorate of Ministry in 2017.
Thien has been working in the area of church planting in various roles for more than a decade. He has personally planted three churches in Southern California and worked as assessor, coach, consultant, and strategist for several church planting organizations. Currently, he is the Lead Pastor of Citylights Church in Little Saigon, Orange County, which is among the first church plants targeting one of the least-reached people groups in North America. Thien and his wife, Kerry, have been married for 18 years, have three children, and live in Fountain Valley, California.
From the West
210 E, Exit Citrus Avenue & head north
Right at University Way
From the East
210 W, Exit Citrus Avenue.
Left onto Baseline Road
Right onto Citrus Avenue
Right at University Way
Lot A (on the left)
Saturday morning check in is from 8AM-9AM in the courtyard near the LAPC Board Room
English Congregation: Upper Turner Campus Center (UTCC)
Mandarin Congregation: LAPC Board Room
Children: MMED Classrooms
1. Maximum cost for a family is $500. A family consists of immediate related members only (parents & children).
2. Registration fee includes: Saturday night room with linen, Saturday meals (lunch, dinner), Sunday meals (breakfast, lunch), Retreat Fees (speaker, facility, incidentals).
3. Meals are served buffet style in the 1899 Dining Hall. Meal card will be issued to each registered attendee and must be returned at the end of the retreat. Lost meal card will incur a replacement fee.
4. Scholarships are available with pastoral staff approval. Suggested minimum payment of $25, when requesting scholarship.
5. Lodging accommodation will be in Engstrom Hall. Nearest parking lot is Lot D.
6. Children’s Ministries Program will be provided during sessions and group meetings.
7. Every person attending will be required to submit a signed APU waiver (to be submitted to APU staff upon check-in). Download form below.
Registration after June 16 will be accepted with an extra late fee.
Retreat Coordinator: Tom Cheng
Retreat Registration: Adam Ho
Child Care Details: Nena Hovsepian